The elegant townhouse replaced a home on the Montgomery Greens/Riley site, a Rochester housing tract. It is one of seven adjoining townhouses built in 1986 by Mark IV Construction.
The mini complex complemented Avery Mall Park; a city pocket park created when South Plymouth Avenue was diverted. The Park was named for nationally acclaimed Rochester watercolor artist Ralph Avery, who lived in Corn Hill at the Hervey Ely House.
The house was designed to utilize 1478 square feet of living space with two bedrooms, two and a half baths, and a full basement and garage. The owners decorated with mission-style furniture complemented by arts and craft accessories, tile, and artwork. The kitchen is updated, the master bathroom completely renovated, and the second bedroom converted to an office library with the upstairs loft styled as a family room.
Notably are Historic prints, Roycroft art, and an amber chandelier from an old hotel in Syracuse. The home is festively decorated and features the family collection of Santa Claus figurines. The current and third owners are empty nesters who relocated from the North Winton Village to Corn Hill in March 2011. While drawn to the history and vitality of the area, it was the spirit of the neighborhood that “sealed the deal.”