This home is one of seven townhouses built as part of the Mark IV Construction project designed to complement Avery Mall Park. This city pocket park, which runs between South Plymouth Avenue and Adams Street, was named after nationally acclaimed Rochester watercolor artist Ralph Avery, who lived in Corn Hill. The elegant townhouse was built on a site once called the Montgomery Greens/Riley subtract. Upon entering this end unit, visitors will have the sense of a much larger space inside as the home includes six rooms, two and one half baths (about 1500 square feet) and a full basement. Features include a recently updated kitchen with cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and granite countertops. Located off the kitchen is a spacious cedar deck and upstairs are an en-suite master bath with skylight and an office with an outdoor balcony.
The current owners, who relocated to Corn Hill in March of 2011, were drawn to the history and vitality of the area. They have replaced the wood-burning fireplace with a tiled gas fireplace that accents their mission-style furniture; walls display their framed collections of Rochester photos, old maps, and Corn Hill posters; and the latest addition is newly installed hard wood flooring of Brazilian koa. Fully decorated for the holidays, this home features a personal collection of Santa Claus figurines throughout the house.