Mt. Olivet Baptist Church was organized in 1910, and the congregation built its first building on this site between 1912 and 1915. That building was replaced by a second church, begun in 1923 and dedicated in 1927. Today the 1927 sanctuary remains part of the church complex, but a state-of-the-art sanctuary dedicated in 1999 is the main worship space for this thriving congregation.
Church description from www.landmarksociety.org