In conjunction with a street resurfacing treatment, South Plymouth Avenue will receive traffic calming features intended to slow vehicles down and make the area safer and more pedestrian and bicycle friendly.
- Installing a curbed median with grass and trees extending from South Fitzhugh Street to Exchange Boulevard. The medians, along with the addition of a tree canopy, will add to the historic appeal of the Corn Hill neighborhood.
- Installing bike lanes and shared use bicycle lane markings (also called “sharrows”) on South Plymouth Avenue.
- Narrowing of South Plymouth Avenue at South Fitzhugh Street and Atkinson Street with the use of curbed bumpouts.
- Installing pedestrian crosswalks at South Fitzhugh Street.
- Replacing the brick crosswalk on South Fitzhugh Street at South Plymouth Avenue with a durable, brick-patterned stamped asphalt product.
For more information from the City’s website, including photos, a schedule and contact information, please click here.