| | Corn Hill Store

Message from John Lightfoot about Monroe County Resources During COVID-19

0 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Google+ 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×

Hello Neighbor,

I am sharing with you information that our County Executive has provided through periodic conference calls. Leaders have been encouraged by Dr. Mendoza, Public Health Commissioner to disseminate information as it is shared with local leaders. I am asking you to communicate this information to our neighbors who are unable to access the internet. Our website is the clearinghouse at this time. It can be reached at

In regards to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the DMV is moving to an appointment-only basis and also, passport applications are suspended at this time. Residents can continue to make appointments through our website at If you are unable to book an appointment online you can call (585) 753-1604 to make an appointment.

Recently a bill was passed in Congress, releasing $8.3 US dollars. Senator Chuck Schumer has been an advocate for New York State. The New York Post reported that NYS would see closely to $750M monthly to help with several emergency items including Paid Family Medical Leave for displaced workers or those caring for individuals with the COVID-19. The details on how that will look have not been completely nailed. Additional bills will be passed and Congressman Morelle estimates 100’s of billions, if not a trillion dollars in relief to States.

I apologize for the lack of details regarding Congress’s action, I was in transition when taking this late moment call. However, Governor Cuomo has suspended several requirements that relate to Human Services. Let me share some of those changes with you now

Public Assistance

We will move to phone interviews for Public Assistance eligibility determinations. This includes applications for Emergency Assistance and Temporary Housing Assistance. Contact us at 753-6960. Applicants can drop off, mail, fax at 585-753-5315 or email [email protected] new Temporary Assistance (2921) applications to the Agency. The application should mark what programs the applicant is applying for and include a valid phone number.

Other Relate Public Assistance

We will also be suspending other non-essential appointments, including Applicant Job Search, Employment Assessments, Disability Assessment interviews, and Work Experience Program orientations for 60 days. Recipients participating in assigned activities are encouraged to continue to participate if the site remains open and available, however, absences related to illness, isolation or quarantine will be considered excused and will not result in negative action. Recipients in substance use treatment as a condition of eligibility for public assistance should look to their treatment provider for guidance regarding the protocols for attendance/absences during this emergency period.

Home Energy Replacement or Repair and HEAP

Face-to-face interviews for Home Energy Assistance (HEAP) and Home Energy Repair and Replacement (HERR) assistance have also been suspended. Individuals applying for these programs should provide their application and will be contacted for a phone interview. Applications can be mailed, faxed to 585-753-6102, dropped off to 111 Westfall Road or emailed to [email protected]

SNAP recipients of households with children who would otherwise receive free or reduced-price meals if not for their schools being closed are eligible for emergency benefits. Households wishing to access this emergency benefit can call the SNAP Workgroup at 585-753-2740 or email [email protected] with a request. Additional waivers to the SNAP program administration will be forthcoming from the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance. Individuals in need of benefit cards should call 585-753-6006 for a card to be mailed to them within 24 hours.

Child Care

Current childcare subsidy recipients with school-age children are eligible to have their care authorizations updated to include full-time care during the day while school is out if their provider can accommodate them. Families in need of such, can contact us by email at [email protected]

For families not currently in receipt of a subsidy, childcare eligibility certificates can be provided to allow for use of subsidy to pay for childcare by eligible providers during school closures. Families must provide the childcare application (6025) as well as proof of employment for consideration. Applications can be emailed to [email protected] faxed to 585-753-6308. Clink on the link for the application Childcare Application  For additional instructions click here How To

Finally, you can call 211 or 753-5555  from 8 am -8 pm for additional information on Human Services. Regarding City Recreation Centers and Foodlink sites call 311.

John Lightfoot