The Unity Health System Rochester Flower City Challenge
The City of Rochester, along with YellowJacket Racing & Fleet Feet Sports, present on Sunday, April 29th – The Unity Health System Rochester Flower City Challenge. This event will take place on select city streets and include a 5K (3.1 Mile) and Half Marathon (13.1 Miles).
The purpose of the event is to showcase the historical and cultural riches and jewels of Rochester including but not limited to the Susan B Anthony area, Park Avenue and East Avenue neighborhoods, Highland Park, Mt Hope Cemetery, Corn Hill Landing area and Downtown.
Both events start and finish the Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial;
- the 13.1 mile starts at 7:30AM and
- the 3.1 mile starts at 7:45AM.
Street Closure Notice for Corn Hill
This notification is to inform you of street closures and provide opportunities for you to become involved and showcase your specific neighborhood.
Please note, while streets will be closed during certain timeframes, local residential traffic will be delayed but definitely accommodated. The Rochester Police Department will be working diligently to assist with traffic. Traffic will be able to cross through the closed areas as well, so not to completely halt transportation to churches, businesses and homes.
Traffic Advisories for Corn Hill
The following traffic advisories will be in effect the morning of Sunday, April 29th:
- Zone 1 (7:15AM to 9AM): Starting on the Bridge at Broad St westbound to the impacted streets on W. Main, Madison, Brown, Morrie Silver Way, State St. to E. Main.
- Zone 2 (7:45AM to 9AM) Will start at E. Main to East Ave to Right on Brunswick to Park Ave to Goodman.
- Zone 3 (8AM to 10AM) Goodman from Park to Pinetum. No Exiting Off I 490 to Goodman St.
- Zone 4 (8AM to 11AM) Pinetum to Doctors, left onto Mt Vernon to Alpine then cross South Ave and then Robinson to Mt. Hope over to the River Path at U of R over the Ford St Bridge. Delays Expected. To and from Wilson Blvd. from Elmwood during peak runner times will be restricted, use Intercampus, Ford St or McLean.
- Zone 5 (8:45AM to 12:30PM) Exchange Blvd at Ford St. to W. Broad.
Courts St Bridge Closure
Court St. Bridge is closed to all traffic from 7:15AM to 12:30PM. All times are approximate. Local residential traffic will be delayed but accommodated.
Expected Delays at these Intersections
The following intersections will not be closed but will experience delays:
S. Plymouth @ W. Broad,State St from Brown to Church St. S. Clinton @ E. Main, Chestnut at East Ave., Scio @ East, Pitkin @ East, Union @ East, Alexander @ East, Street Crossings @ Park Avenue, Harvard St at S. Goodman St., All exits to Goodman St from I‐490, Monroe @ Goodman, , S. Clinton @S. Goodman (Access to Rt. 490 East only), South Ave. @ Alpine/Robinson, Mt. Hope Ave @ Robinson, Wilson Blvd. @ Elwood.
More Info About the Flower City Challenge
Fleet Feet Sports & YellowJacket Racing is very excited to be able to bring this event to Rochester, NY. Please visit the race website: www.flowercitychallenge.com for more info or volunteer opportunities. You can also view the electronic map of course closures at: www.cityofrochester.gov/rfcc. We hope to see you on the course cheering the runners or volunteering as
they traverse around our great city.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ellen@fleetfeetrochester.com or 585-697‐3338.
Regards, Ellen Brenner-Boutillier
Ellen Brenner‐Boutillier, VP/CFO
Fleet Feet Sports & YellowJacket Racing,
2210 Monroe Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618