For the past 5 years, the Beautification Committee has sponsored a spring Adopt-A-Pot program, where neighbors care for matching flower pots placed throughout the streets of our neighborhood. The Committee plans to continue this project, but after 5 years of experience, we know where the most strategic pot placement is to make the greatest visual impact – and that is in our pocket parks, and on the corners of street intersections and entrances into Corn Hill.
In late May, the Committee will be planting about 2-dozen pots and placing them in Avery Mall and on the corners of our beautiful neighborhood. In April and May, we will be reaching out to past volunteers to ask for a commitment to care for these pots throughout the summer and fall. We hope you are all still interested. However, if you have never participated but would like to be a part of this project, you can contact us through the beautification email at [email protected] or complete the form below, and we’ll be sure to find a flower pot for you to nourish!
Just leave your name, address and contact information and one of the Committee members will get back to you.
This is a small way to volunteer, but provides a big impact!
Thanks to all past volunteers for making this such a successful beautification project. Our flower pots are like jewels that adorn our already charming neighborhood!
Here’s how Adopt-a-pot works:
- Pots, soil, stones and flowers are provided by the Beautification Committee
- Sites for pots determined by CHBC in accordance with the city guidelines for pedestrian safety
- Pots will be planted and ready for distribution by late May
- You will be notified in May of the exact location of your pot, and all you need to do is water regularly – volunteers may also add their own flowers to the pots they’ll tend
- Joanie or Pete will contact you regarding your pot site and summer commitment
If you would like to be a part of this project, please provide the following information or contact Beautification Committee at: [email protected] and Joanie or Pete will get back to you.