Chief Sheppard held a press conference on October 11, 2011 to announce the third quarter 2011 RPD statistics for Rochester, NY. Some Highlights:
- Fewest Robberies in 10 years
- 2nd Lowest level of Shooting Victims in 10 years
- 2ndLowest level of Violent Crime in 10 years
- Lowest level of overall Part I crime in 10 years
- 2nd highest level in 10 years
- QQ3 2011 up 13%% over QQ3 2010
- Q3 2011 up 27.5% over 5 year avg. for Q3
- 3rd higghest level in 10 years, but:
- ‐6.8% in Q3 compared to Q3 2010. First two quarters of 2011 were up compared to 2010.
- Shootings Shootings down down 31.2% 31.2% from from 2010.
The complete handout can be found at RPD Third Quarter Crime Statistics