Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM
3 or 5 hours of adventure!!
Starting Location: South Avenue Community Center (999 South Ave Rochester, NY)
Would you and a friend(s) or family member(s) enjoy spending a Saturday afternoon searching the city for locations that have some interesting facts or trivia?
Join the Rochester Orienteering Club for the second annual “Rochester Map Adventure”
If this sounds like fun then why not plan to join the Rochester Orienteering Club for the second annual “Rochester Map Adventure”.
Teams and individual hikers, bicyclists and runners will receive detailed maps of a large portion of the city of Rochester including the South Wedge, Cobbs Hill Park, Highland Park, Mt. Hope Cemetery, University of Rochester, Corn Hill, Downtown, the Park/East Avenue area, and the Neighborhood of the Arts. The maps will have circles drawn on them indicating the exact locations of the trivia points.
At each circle marked on the map, participants will have a question which can readily be answered by
information visible. Example questions (taken from last year’s event):
- What is the first name of sculptor of statue of Nathaniel Rochester? (Answer: Pepsy)
- When did Frederick Douglass move to South Avenue? (Answer: 1852)
Maps will be distributed 15 minutes prior to the start.
There will be 3 hour and 5 hour time categories. Free food and drinks will be available at the end of each time block. The teams with the most correct answers in the least amount of time will be the winners.
For more information, see:
Register Online at Active.com:
- $15 per adult participant ($10 for ROC members)
- $5 for one or more children under 18 when competing with an adult
- $5 Late fee for registration on site if space permits. (Limit of 200 participants)
- Registration open – 10:00 a.m.
- Maps handed out – 10:45 a.m.
- Start – 11:00 a.m.