The 2012 Rochester Heart Walk will once again come through Corn Hill on April 28th, 2012 from 8am -12noon, and will begin at the Blue Cross Arena. The route will be the same as last year’s. Click here to view the 2012 Rochester Heart Walk map.
Below is more information on the Rochester Heart Walk.
Heart Walk Information
- Event Leadership: Todd Liebert, President of Clark Patterson Lee, Event Chair
- Date: April 28, 2012 – 8am to 12pm
- Location: Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial
- Description: 3 Mile non-competitive walk in downtown Rochester
- Website: WWW.ROCHESTERHEARTWALK.ORG
Heart Walk Statistics
2012 Heart Walk Goals
- Number of Participating Companies 120
- Number of Participants 6,000
- Fundraising $600,000
2011 Heart Walk Highlights
- YMCA Kid Zone for Families
- Villages to educate, get active, celebrate and raise awareness
- Health screening
- Historical Tour of Cornhill neighborhood, with outdoor route rallies and finish line celebration
AHA Fundraising Benefits to the Rochester Community
- Research – Currently we are funding 4.8 million dollars in research in the Rochester area!
- Youth – In Rochester, Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart programs are in over 150 area schools and raised over $500,000!
- Advocacy – In Rochester, several key policy issues have been identified by the Advocacy Department as priorities for this fiscal year. These include obesity prevention, heart disease and stroke research and prevention funding, tobacco control, acute event programs, and healthcare initiatives.
- Awareness – Raises awareness for the benefits of physical activity as it relates to preventing cardiovascular disease and celebrates the success of our My Heart My Life initiative.
- Training – In Rochester, there are 12 centers for CPR and AED training. Last year, nearly 16,000 Rochesterians were trained by the American Heart Association.