The recent weather reminds us that spring is just around the corner and thoughts turn to FLOWERS!! You can contribute to what is now a signature sign of spring in Corn Hill – the neighborhood flower pots.
Begun as a Beautification Committee pilot project in 2012, this will be the fourth summer that neighbors have been invited to care for large flower pots distributed throughout Corn Hill. The blooming pots look so beautiful in spring and summer, so once again, we ask for volunteer “parents” who will commit to plant and maintain each of our two dozen flower pots in the neighborhood.
This is a small way to volunteer, but provides a big impact!
Here’s how it works:
- Pots, soil, stones and flowers are provided by the Beautification Committee
- Sites for pots determined by CHBC in accordance with the city guidelines for pedestrian safety
- Pots will be planted and ready for distribution by late May
- You will be notified in May of the exact location of your pot, and all you need to do is water regularly – volunteers may also add their own flowers to the pots they’ll tend
- Joanie or Pete will contact you regarding your pot site and summer commitment
If you would like to be a part of this project, please provide the following information or contact Beautification Committee at: [email protected] and Joanie or Pete will get back to you.