Yes, Spring IS coming and what better way to celebrate than by volunteering to take part in Corn Hill’s successful Adopt-A-Pot program. Begun as a Beautification Committee pilot project with flower pots in Avery Mall in 2012, this season will be the third summer that neighbors have been invited to care for large flower pots distributed throughout Corn Hill. The blooming pots have become a signature part of our neighborhood and look so beautiful when well-maintained. So once again, we ask for volunteer “parents” who will commit to plant and maintain each of the 24 flower pots in the neighborhood.
Here’s how it works:
- Pots, soil, and stones purchased by the Beautification Committee
- Flowers and accent plants provided by the city’s spring flower give-away
- Sites for pots determined by CHBC in accordance with the city guidelines for pedestrian safety
- Pots will be set up and/or beds ready for planting by mid-May
- A May weekend will be chosen for pick-up of flowers and accent plants at Avery Mall – volunteers may also add their own flowers to the pots they’ll plant and tend
- Joanie or Pete will contact you regarding your commitment, pot-or- flower-bed site and flower pick-up
If you would like to be a part of this project, please provide the following information or contact Beautification Committee at: Beautification @cornhill.org and Joanie or Pete will get back to you.